- Latest news
- Heritage advice
- Benefits of Historic Buildings and Areas
- Conservation Areas
- Listed buildings
- Common Misconceptions
- Useful Links
- Join us
The Potteries Heritage Society is an independent group of individuals who care about the towns and places that make up the City of Stoke-on-Trent, its history and its future. It is Stoke-on-Trent's Civic Society, one of a network of over 800 such societies in the UK.
The Potteries Heritage Society aims to:
- Preserve the unique character of Stoke-on-Trent by maintaining the individual identities of the Six Towns and surrounding communities which make up the City;
- Promote awareness of the benefits of good design and well-maintained historic environments to the creation of a more prosperous, inclusive and sustainable city;
- Encourage the creation of better streets, spaces and buildings, and promote innovative and challenging design;
- Promote the continuing use of the city’s historic buildings, supporting policies of repair and adaptation, rather than demolition;
- Promote effective practices to involve local communities in decisions affecting their local environments.
All these activities take money and time. We need new members to join in our work or just to give us the benefit of their opinions or subscriptions. If you are sympathetic to our aims, please JOIN US!
PHS on Twitter
You can now follow the Society on Twitter @PotteriesHSoc
Still a few places left for our Stained Glass in the Potteries event. See attached flyer and book now! http://t.co/GLg92sBhBv
19 hours 28 min ago
1 day 23 hours ago
RT @UrbanVisionCIC: Plans for Fenton, our new Chair, WW1, #DesignReview & #neighbourhoodplanning - Our July newsletter is available here: h…
4 days 19 hours ago